The Plum Magic Crape Myrtle is a modern, disease-resistant variety of this popular shrub, that stands out with its bold plum-purple spring growth. Unlike other crape myrtles with plain green leaves, this plant brings color and interest to the earlier part of the year, before crape myrtles begin their flowering period. This makes it especially useful in smaller gardens, since you get a whole extra season of color from your plant. Later the leaves turn a rich, dark-green, and then from June to September the plant is smothered in clusters of bold, fuchsia pink flowers, that keep on coming and coming, right up to the beginning of cooler weather. Even in winter, the seed heads look striking, along with the mottled bark of the bare, winter twigs. This four-season plant never stops being beautiful and interesting.
- Bright plum-purple spring foliage brings early color
- Covered in fuchsia-pink blossoms all summer and into fall
- Easily grown in full sun, and drought resistant
- Resistant to mildew and leaf-spot diseases
- Medium-sized shrub fits into most gardens